What are essential oils and how to use them?
Facts about Essential Oils
- Naturally occurring aromatic compounds found in the seed, bark, stems, roots, flowers & other parts of the plants.
- Highly concentrated (50 - 70 times more powerful than herbs) for example, 1 drop of doTERRA peppermint oil = 28 cups of peppermint tea.
- Oils contain hundreds of different compounds, providing complex & versatile ability to combat threats without building up resistance.
- Essential oils have the ability to pass through the cell membrane to address the threats on the inside as well as the outside of the body.
- Cost pennies per dose: 1 drop of peppermint essential oil costs only $0.08.
There are 3 ways to experience essential oils.
Use a diffuser or simply add a drop of essential oil to the palms of your hands, rub together then place the palms of your hands over the mouth & nose. Inhale deeply, Exhale completely. Be certain to wash your hands after and avoid touching any sensitive areas (the eyes, the ears, your privates) with your hands that might have EO’s on them. Also put a few drops into a diffuser to not only freshen up your home but help purify the air as well.
Rub essential oil on any affected area, like the chest or low back. Some oils may require the use of a carrier oil. And always dilute when using EO’s with children and people with skin sensitivities. Every night my children get a combination of immunity building and calming oils on the bottom of their feet before bedtime.
Yes, some dōTERRA essential oils can be used internally. Read the bottle for the supplement facts indicating it is safe to use internally. Add a drop of dōTERRA lemon in a glass of water to enhance the flavor and cleanse the digestive system. And yes you can even cook with dōTERRA EO’s, Rosemary infused hummus anyone?